JACKSBORO, TN (WLAF) – The Campbell County Board of Education will meet in session on Monday, August 12 (today) at 4:00 p.m. at the Central Office to discuss the evaluation of Director of Schools Jennifer Fields and a one-year extension of her contract.

If the evaluation scores are any indication, Fields should receive overwhelming approval to continue as Director for another term.

The evaluations were released last week, covering 25 separate categories that define her relationship with the board, personnel, community relations and personal qualities. The categories ranged from working relationship with the board to treatment of personnel to professionalism in dress, speech and written communications.

Evaluations were scored in three levels: 3- above expectations, 2- meets expectations and 1- below expectations. Individual board members were not identified but their scoring showed that three board members gave Fields a perfect score in all 25 separate categories. Another member gave her 24 perfect 3s out of 25 while four other members scored Fields with from 20 to 23 perfect 3s and a handful of 2s.

One unidentified board member was unimpressed, scoring the Director 16 times as simply meeting expectations and giving her a failing grade of 1 in six categories. One board member failed to turn in an evaluation, as only nine evaluations were listed from the ten-member board.

The board evaluation totaled 2.728 out of a possible 3.0 and represents 75 percent of the total evaluation on the Director’s performance while academic achievement (test scores, graduation rates, etc.) represent the remaining 25 percent.

The 4:00 p.m. meeting will take place in the lower level conference room at the Department of Education Central Office.  (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 08/12/2019-9:30AM)

One Reply to “School Board evaluations of Director Fields’ performance mostly positive”

  1. You are doing a great job Mrs. fields. Do not let a Miller discourage you from the progress you are making.

Comments are closed.