Guests at the Budget Host Inn at Caryville were evacuated around 6:30 am Friday when fire broke out in a breaker room of the motel.  Caryville Fire Chief Eddie Hatmaker told WLAF News, “When I left the fire house, all I saw was a lot of smoke.”  It prompted the veteran firefighter to immediately call for assistance.  It came from the Campbell County Rural Fire Service, Jacksboro and La Follette Fire Departments.

Hatmaker says the fire was contained to a breaker room (above) next to the boiler room and that no one was injured. 


Caryville Mayor Bobby Stooksbury, a firefighter since 1974, points to the big problem; smoke.  He said it spread through the entire attic all across the structure.  Crews with LUB turned off all power to the motel.

(WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 01/25/2019-8AM)