TOP PHOTO: Here are some of the volunteers helping with the summer nutrition meal distribution program. Vicki Woodard (second from the right) is grateful to all who helped make this year’s program a success.
JACKSBORO, TN (WLAF) – Vicki Woodard, School Nutrition Supervisor for Campbell County, has expressed her appreciation to all who helped with this year’s summer nutrition meal distributions.SCHOOL NUTRITION MEAL DISTRIBUTIONS
Friday, July 24 will be the last meal distribution day for Campbell County. Please pick up meals that day from Campbell County High, LaFollette Middle or Walmart.
- We would like to take this opportunity to offer a huge thank you to all that have made this year’s meal distribution a success. Many thanks offered from us to:
- Campbell County Board of Education and Mrs. Jennifer Fields, Director of Schools for wonderful support.
- Walmart in providing bags and letting us use their parking lot for distributions.
- Jim Freeman with WLAF and the LaFollette Press for advertising our meal distribution schedule.
Also on our list of making this program succeed are the following persons or organizations that have assisted in delivering meals to families that could not get to one of our meal distribution sites:
- Campbell County Sheriff Officers
- Crystal Creekmore with Jellico Housing Authority
- Rita Goins with Campbell County Board of Education
- Teachers with Campbell County Board of Education
- Campbell County School Administrators
- George and Carol Asbury
- Campbell County Literacy Association in distribution of books for the children as we distribute meals
Last but definitely not least: All of the Campbell County School Nutrition “Lunch Ladies” that have made this possible and our bus – “Twigloo Crew.” The love and dedication demonstrated for our children has been exceptional. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 07/14/2020-6AM)