TOP PHOTO: Former Campbell County Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Wienburger (#45) celebrate as Bryan wins big over Truett McConnell.
DAYTON, TN (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – Former Campbell County Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger saw limited action as her Bryan College Women’s Basketball team found a new gear on Tuesday night against Truett McConnell.
They continued to light it up on offense as they have all season and combined it with lockdown defense. The Lady Lions shot 61% from the field while also holding the Bears to only 23%. Bryan jumped the gun early and finished the 1st quarter up 27-6. After a 34-point 3rd quarter, the Lady Lions were able to pass the century mark in the 4th on their way to a 106-52 victory.
In fifteen minutes of action, Cain-Wienburger tallied two points, seven rebounds, a steal and two assists. The former Lady Cougar and her Bryan team play on Tuesday against Brenau University in a 2 pm tip-off at Gainesville, Georgia.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Karli Combs scored 20 points while not missing a single shot all night, shooting 7-7 from the field and 6-6 from deep.
- Gracee Dishman showed off her efficiency on her way to 19 points on 8-10.
- Parker Leftwich dropped 12 points, and Nevaeh Majors added 10 points.
- Kaitlynn Hennessee rounded out the double-digit scorers with 10 points, while also adding 6 assists.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Lions will play their first road game of the season as they travel to Brenau University on December 1st. Tip-off at 2PM.
- Visit HERE for the most up-to-date schedule. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 11/30/2020-6AM)