JACKSBORO, TN (WLAF) – Before leaving for the CCHS home basketball games tonight, check the schedule here on WLAF and the guidelines. In this young, ever changing, basketball season, change is the constant. Needless to say, the Campbell High basketball season has been a challenge for all concerned. Tonight the Cougars and Lady Cougars return to game action for the first time in three weeks. WLAF has all the live coverage over the Lindsay’s Carpet & Paint Center video player beginning at 6:20 pm.
The Hardin Valley Academy’s girls team announced this morning that it will not play at CCHS tonight due to COVID-19 concerns. Coach Brad Honeycutt was able to line-up the CAK Lady Warriors to take on his Lady Cougars this evening. Coach Ernie Clawson had enough notice earlier in the week that the HVA Hawks were not coming and was able to schedule the Knoxville Ambassadors, Knoxville Home School Athletics, as the Cougars opponent.
Start times for tonight’s games are different than we’ve become accustomed. The girls varsity game starts at 6:30 pm with the boys varsity contest tipping off at 8 pm.
Looking ahead here is what is scheduled for the next few days for Campbell Basketball:
Thu, Dec. 10 – CCHS at home CAK Lady Warriors and Knoxville Ambassadors
Fri., Dec. 11 – CCHS at Anderson (girls tip at 6pm; boys 7:30pm)
Mon., Dec. 14 – CCHS at Clinton (girls tip at 6pm; boys 7:30pm)
Fri., Dec. 18 – Scott at CCHS (girls tip at 6pm; boys 7:30pm)
Sat., Dec. 19 – CCHS vs. either Hancock County or Pickett County AT Scott high (girls tip at 3:30pm; boys 5pm)
Tue., Dec. 22 – Oak Ridge at CCHS (girls tip at 6pm; boys 7:30pm)
Here are the guidelines for Campbell County High School home basketball games:
Admission & Tickets
- All Tickets will still be sold at the gate.
- ONLY immediate family (up to 4 tickets) will be allowed to games until further notice. (for players, cheerleaders, and dance team)
- Visiting team members will be allowed 2 tickets per player/cheerleader.
- Masks are required for all spectators.
- Temperature checks are required for entry.
- TSSAA passes are accepted.
- Media/Newspaper representatives are allowed and must wear mask.
- Rows marked will yellow tape are to be left vacant to ensure social distancing.
- Please leave the gym area when the last game is completed. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 12/10/2020-6AM)