TOP PHOTO: Former Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger drives for points in a game back in December.
WALESKA, GA (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – Former Campbell County Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger tallied 16 points and claimed seven rebounds in helping her Lady Lions of Bryan College record their sixth win of the season. She also recorded four steals.
The Bryan College Women’s Basketball team battled through shooting woes in their first game of 2021. The Lady Lions found plenty of open looks all game shooting 54 attempts from 3pt range, the most in program history. Bryan got off to a slow start and was down 14-11 after the 1st quarter. The Lady Lions went on an 11-0 run late in the 2nd to go into halftime with a 10 point lead. Reinhard cut the lead to five after three quarters, but Bryan was able to put the nail in the coffin with a 20-point quarter to come away with the victory 79-69. The Lady Lions improve to 6-2 overall and remain undefeated at 6-0 in the Appalachian Athletic Conference.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Allissa Mulaski was the high scorer for Bryan with 19 points.
- Sarah Weinburger earned her season-high with 16 points, and Shayla Ludy added 12 points.
- Kaitlynn Hennessee tallied 10 points, 6 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 4 steals.
- The Lady Lions forced the Eagles into 26 turnovers, earning 24 points off those turnovers.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Bryan will travel to Cleveland, GA on Saturday to face the Bears of Truett McConnell. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 01/06/2021-6AM)