TOP PHOTO: Former Campbell County Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger battled through foul trouble on Saturday to help her Bryan Lions move to 7 & 2 on the season.
CLEVELAND, GA (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – The Bryan Women’s Basketball team traveled down to Truett McConnell Unversity on Saturday afternoon for their second meeting of the season with the Bears. The first matchup was a blowout in favor of the Lions, but this game was not as easy as round one. For starters, former Campbell Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger was saddled with four fouls and only played 15 minutes. However, she still finished with five rebounds, two blocks, two steals and two points.
The Lady Lions struggled for the second-straight game from three-point land, shooting only 3-21. Bryan would even go into halftime down 28-24. However, the Lady Lions would get the offense rolling in the 2nd half led by freshmen Parker Leftwich and Gracee Dishman. A three-point bucket by Dishman gave Bryan their first lead of the game with 7 minutes left on their way to a hard-fought 65-59 win.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Parker Leftwich consistently powered her way to the basket for 20 points, tying her season-high.
- Gracee Dishman finished with 18 points for her eighth double-digit scoring game of the season.
- Destiny Kassner tallied 8 points, a team-high 11 rebounds, and 3 blocks.
- Kaitlynn Hennessee had 8 points along with 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Lions will be back in Summer’s Gymnasium for the first time in almost 2 months next Saturday, January 16th.
- They will tip-off at 2:00PM as they face Columbia International for the second time this season. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 01/11/2021-6AM)