TOP PHOTO: Former CCHS Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger leads her Bryan Lady Lions to their 8th win of the season.
DAYTON, TN (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – The Bryan College Women’s Basketball team hosted the Columbia International Rams on Saturday afternoon in Summers Gymnasium. Former Campbell Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger tallied 10 points, four rebounds, three assists and one steal in the win.
Senior Karli Combs has already established herself as one of the best shooters in the country, but she came into the game ready to solidify herself as one of the all-time Lady Lion legends. With a three-point basket just 45 seconds into the game, Karli Combs surpassed Hall-of-Famer Liz Bass (’05) to become the all-time leader in career three-point field goals made in Bryan College Women’s Basketball history with 324.
Bryan was in for a competitive game from CIU. The Rams matched the Lady Lions shot for shot in the first half, and Bryan only held a two-point lead at the break 45-43. The Lady Lions matched their offense in the second half with key stops defensively as they slowly built their lead. The Rams would not go away quietly and cut the lead down to seven with 3 minutes left in the game. However, the Lady Lions put together consecutive stops and scores to go on a 14-3 run to end the game. Bryan picked up their third win in a row, 99-81, for an 8-2 overall record and remain undefeated at the top of the Appalachian Athletic Conference standings at 8-0.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Gracee Dishman earned herself a career-high 21 points on 8-11 from the field.
- Karli Combs finished with 18 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists.
- Destiny Kassner tallied her season-high with 16 points while shooting 7-11.
- Parker Leftwich had her second-straight double-digit game with 16 points and 5 assists.
- Sarah Weinburger added 10 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists.
- Kaitlynn Hennessee finished with 7 points, 7 assists, 5 blocks, and 4 rebounds.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Lions will travel to Point University at West Point, Georgia, on Wednesday to take on the Skyhawks at 4:00PM. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 01/18/2021-6AM)