TOP PHOTO: Former Campbell Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger scores in an earlier game for the Bryan Lady Lions.
ATHENS, TN (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – Former Campbell Lady Cougar Sarah Cain-Weinburger and her Bryan College Women’s Basketball team faced off against rival Tennessee Wesleyan on Thursday night for the first time this season.
Bragging rights were on the line as the Lady Lions took the 27-mile drive over to Athens, TN looking for their seventh-straight victory over the Bulldogs. Bryan’s offense got off to a hot start resulting in their third-straight game with 25+ points in the 1st quarter. The Lady Lions built their lead up to 24 points at halftime and went into the locker room up 48-24. Bryan would not let up in the second half and cruised their way to an 89-52 win. The Lady Lion’s have put on a defensive clinic lately as this was their second game in a row holding the other team to only 52 points. Bryan remains undefeated at 12-0 in the Appalachian Athletic Conference holding the top spot in the standings.
Cain-Weinburger played only 16 minutes in the rout scoring five points and pulling down six rebounds to go along with an assist.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Bryan was extremely efficient from the field, shooting 52% and holding Tennessee Wesleyan to only 29%.
- Gracee Dishman continued to be a reliable offensive threat and finished with 18 points on 8-10 for her sixth-straight double-digit game.
- Parker Leftwich tallied 14 points shooting 6-10 from the field.
- Karli Combs added 11 points going 3-4 from deep.
- The Lady Lions dished the ball for 16 assists and held the Bulldogs to only 5 assists for the game.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Bryan squares off for the second time this season against Reinhardt on Saturday at 2:00PM.