TOP PHOTO: Bryan Lady Lion Seniors left to right: Trinity Keck, Shayla Ludy, Leann Scharberg, Sarah Cain-Weinburger, and Morgan Deweese.
DAYTON, TN (SPECIAL TO WLAF) – It seems like only yesterday when Sarah Cain made an impressive contribution as a freshman to the Campbell County Lady Cougar Basketball team. Monday afternoon at Summers Gym was Senior Night for the now married Sarah Cain-Weinburger. The former Lady Cougar star has shined for Bryan for nearly four seasons and did so again Monday with 14 points, five rebounds and three assists.
The Bryan College Women’s Basketball team took the court on Monday for Senior Night for a hard-fought battle against Point University. The Lady Lions got off to a very slow start and were down by as many as 10 points in the 1st quarter. The Skyhawks defensive intensity continued into the 2nd quarter. Bryan was only 1-8 from three-point range in the 1st half and went into the locker room down by a score of 38-33. The Lady Lions made some key adjustments at halftime and battled their way back to a five-point lead at the end of the 3rd. The offense continued to explode in the 4th and Bryan earned the victory 86-76.
Bryan College Athletics would like to thank all the seniors of the Women’s Basketball program for all they have done on and off the court for their team and their school. We are so proud of all of your accomplishments and wish you nothing but the best as you go forward with your lives and careers. Once and Lady Lion, Always a Lady Lion.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Bryan was on fire from three-point range in the 2nd half, shooting 9-13 in the final two quarters.
- Destiny Kassner led the Lady Lions in scoring with a season-high 17 points. She also led the team with 8 rebounds.
- Senior Sarah Weinburger finished with 14 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists.
- Kaitlynn Hennessee tallied 11 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks.
- Senior Shayla Ludy added 11 points and shot a perfect 3-3 for deep.
- Karli Combs rounded out the double-digit scorers with 10 points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Lions will be back in action on Wednesday as they play their final game of the regular season on the road against Kentucky Christian at 5:00PM. (WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 02/16/2021-6AM)