LAFOLLETTE, TN (WLAF) – A new mayor and council are scheduled to conduct their first regular monthly meeting Tuesday afternoon at La Follette City Hall.
Cliff Jennings returns to the mayor’s post for the first time since 2004 after previously serving for 17 years. Newcomer Chuck Queener joins council as Stephanie Grimm Solomon was also elected last month. Phillip Farmer and Wayne Kitts round out the council.
Here is Tuesday’s agenda:
CITY OF LAFOLLETTE
Tues. Dec. 6, 5:30 p.m.
- Meeting called to order by mayor
- Prayer and pledge
- Roll call by clerk
- Approval of meeting minutes from November 2022.
- Reports from boards, committees and departments
- Comments from the citizens
ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS
building in the rear parking lot of the municipal building.
- Approval of promoting Vickie Conner to a full-time Police Dispatcher at a salary of $29,120.00 effective December 17, 2022.
- Approval of transferring Frankie Dople to a full-time Animal Control Officer at a salary of $32,636.66 effective December 12, 2022.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
- Approval of promoting Quinton Busher to a full-time Sanitation Worker at a salary of 28,601.04 effective December 17, 2022.
BEER BOARD MEETING
- Meeting called to order by chairman.
- Roll call by clerk.
- Approval of 2023 Beer License Renewals.
1.The Back Door Cafe
2.Campbell Tobacco & Beer
4.Dolgen Corp/ Dollar General Store
5.El Charro Mexican Grill
6. El Pueblito
7.Family Dollar Store
10.GPM Southeast/Bread Box
11.LaFollette Shell Gas Station
12.Los Rifles LLC
13.Main Street Tobacco & Beer
14. Murphy Oil
15. Ninja Grill & Sushi
16. Quick Shop
17. Quick Stop
18. Sideline Grille, LLC
19. Tobacco Mercantile #3
20. Walgreen Co.
21. Weigel’s Stores, Inc
- Approval of CVS Pharmacy located at 106 Independence Lane (Beer License Applicant)
(WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 12/05/2022-6AM)