LAFOLLETTE, TN (WLAF) – Ahead of today’s National Night Out, the City of La Follette will hold its regular monthly meeting at 5:30pm at city hall. Proposed new hires highlight the agenda along with a vote for La Follette’s next chief of police.
City Administrator Stan Foust announced at last week’s workshop that current Chief Bill Roehl plans to retire on Sept. 1. The council thanked him for his years of service and he expressed his thanks for the opportunity. After a lengthy discussion, the council decided to put the appointment of Capt. Steve Wallen as police chief on Tuesday’s agenda. Roehl retired from a distinguished 31-year career with the Knoxville Police Department, and then he took over as chief in August 2015 in La Follette. He followed in his grandfather’s footsteps who was also La Follette’s chief of police decades earlier.
CITY OF LAFOLLETTE
Tuesday August 2, 5:30 pm
PUBLIC HEARING CALLED TO ORDER
*Public Hearing for Public to comment on Ordinance.
- Ordinance 2022-10- Ordinance amending personnel policy on recommendations of state law regarding work/overtime hours reporting.
* Comments from the Public.
* Comments from the Council.
Public Hearing Adjourned
- Meeting called to order by Mayor
- Prayer & Pledge
- Roll call by Clerk
- Approval of Meeting Minutes from July 2022
- Reports from Boards, Committees and Departments
- Comments from the Citizens
ORDINANCES & RESOLUTIONS
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
- Approval of declaring Gradall Excavator surplus.
BEER BOARD MEETING
*No permits to date
(WLAF NEWS PUBLISHED – 08/02/2022-6AM)